To Make A Fringed Bookmark You Will Need:
1. Tie a knot 1-inch from the end of the ribbon. Slide bead (or beads) from the opposite end of the ribbon up to the knot. Tie a knot on the other side of the bead(s) to hold in place.
2. For the other end of the bookmark, measure 10 inches from the inside knot and tie another knot. Put on the bead(s) and slide up to the knot. Tie another knot against the last bead.
3. Trim the ribbon ends.
To Make A Fringed Bookmark:
1. Tie a knot on one end of the ribbon and trim the end close to the knot. Thread the beading needle and go through the ribbon knot to secure the end of the thread in the knot.
2. String on 19 rocaille beads, then 4 silver seed beads. Take the needle back through the rocaille beads. The seed beads will form a loop at the end. Go back through the ribbon knot, pulling the thread so the fringe hangs below the knot. Repeat with another string of fringe. Make five strings. Secure the end of the thread in the knot.
3. Slide on a silver bead from the other end of the ribbon and pull over the ribbon knot holding the fringe. Tie a knot against the bead to hold it in place.
4. For the other end of the bookmark, measure 10-inches from this knot and tie another knot. Slide on a silver bead and tie a knot on the other side of the bead to secure. Trim the end of the ribbon.
Two More Ideas…
2. Make both beaded ends the same and use your ribbon as a gift tie to cinch up a surprise sack.
Images and Concept copied with permission from Sierra Pacific Crafts