- This event has passed.
SEW-A-THON Fundraiser (FREE) – Mon. Sept. 11
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
We are hosting an all-day FREE Sew-A-Thon on Mon. Sept. 11, 2023 for The Sew Powerful 2023 Fundraiser. The purpose of this event is to make purses that are given to schoolgirls living in extreme poverty in Zambia Africa; filled with reusable feminine hygiene supplies, enabling them to not miss any school days.
Ben Franklin SEW-A-THON, Monday, September 11, 2023
10:00 am – 6:00 pm – Come for an hour or stay all day!
Save your spot! (Walk-Ins Welcome)
Register here, in the store, or over the phone at 253-862-6822 ext. 1. (register by Sept. 8th.)
-> Door prizes throughout the day.
-> Light refreshments will be available.
-> Bring a drink – just make sure it has a lid!
-> We will donate the purses made as a Ben Franklin group.
-> Bring your machine or *borrow ours.
*If you need to borrow a machine, please reserve one at time of registration. (For online registration, use the “Note” box at checkout to write us a message.)
Fabric will be cut out and ready to sew. Please bring scissors or thread snips. Must know how to sew with a machine. Pattern and instructions will be available for you to follow. We will take care of sending purses to Sew Powerful when complete.
Can’t make it to the Sew-A-Thon? You can still help!
• Donate fabric: Drop off fabric at the cutting counter. Minimum amount needed is 1 yard. Any fabric type: Canvas, Faux leather, quilting cotton, or polyester blend.
• Donate Thread: Any color of cotton or cotton/9*poly blend.
• Donate Money: Convenient and easy, stop by Customer Service and ask how.
• Spread the Word: Tell your neighbors and friends about the event, maybe they will be able to make it.
• Sew at Home: Make a purse at home in the month of September then bring it in so we can send it with the others. Cutting can be done prior to Sept. 1.
• Sponsor a Purse: For only $20 you can sponsor a purse. Most purses have a friendly note included; your name will be added to this note and sent in the bag you sponsor.