Project courtesy of Coats & Clark Inc.
Color: By changing the color of the strands, you can create different designs.
What You Can Make: Ankle bracelets, rings, necklaces, belts and head bands.
1. Tie the strings together with an overhand knot, leaving a 2" tail at the top. Tape it to a table or pin it to your jeans.
2. Pick up strand A and wrap it over and under strand B to make a knot
3. Tighten the knot by holding strand B and pulling strand A up.
4. Make a second knot with strand A over strand B; pull strand A tight.
5. Drop strand B; pick up strand C. Make 2 knots with strand A over strand C. Repeat on strand D. Strand A will now be on the right.
6. One row has been completed. Continue next row by making 2 knots with strand B over strand C, D, and A. With each row, the strand on the left is always "worked over" to the right.
7. Four rows are completed. Continue until bracelet is desired length.
Hint: You can always tell the right side of your bracelet because the rows will slant to the right.
TIE IT ON: