You’ll love putting this DIY Valentine Red Truck Plaque together. The fun part about it is that the heart is attached with magnets, so that allows you to change that wood piece for a seasonal one like a shamrock, or a Christmas tree, or a pumpkin.
Supplies needed to make a DIY Valentine Red Truck Plaque
(Supplies may vary by store, however, special store-to-store orders can be placed with a one-week turnaround. Substitutions will be suggested if a product is no longer available.)
Scrapbook paper (to cover the board)
Pen or Pencil
Mod Podge / Foam Brush
Cotton Craft Cord
Acrylic Paint (we used red, brown, black and pink)
Unfinished Heart Cut Out
Unfinished Red Truck Cut Out
3D Foam Dots
Heavy Duty Stapler
1. Put your paper on a flat surface, then place your board on top of it. Use a pencil or pen to trace around to create your template. Use your scissors to cut the template.
2. Brush Mod Podge on the wrong side of your paper and to the front of the plaque. Position the paper in place on the plaque. Brush on another coat of Mod Podge to the top of the paper to seal it. Put that aside for now.
3. Paint the wood truck cut out and heart shape with the colors that you decided to use. You can refer to the picture to see what we did. Let these pieces dry completely.
4. Use the 3D Foam Dots to attach the truck to the plaque. We used 3 stacked on top of each other to make the truck stand out more.
5. For the heart shape, we used magnets to attach it to the board. Glue one magnet to the board, and the opposing magnet to the back of the heart. (You can use E6000 glue for this step).
6. Attach a piece of Cotton Craft Cord to the back of the board using a staple.