Create a beautiful holiday wreath using Christmas ribbon! For this project, you’ll need 3 different width of ribbon to make sure multiple colors and textures show through the layers. This DIY Christmas Ribbon Wreath with look stunning on your front door! Your guests will be impressed when they realize that you made it yourself!
Supplies needed to make a DIY Christmas Ribbon Wreath:
(Supplies may vary by store, however, special store-to-store orders can be placed with a one-week turnaround. Substitutions will be suggested if a product is no longer available.)
1 Metal Wreath Frame
3 Ribbon Spools (at least 10 yards each)
1 Pack of Zip-Strips
1. Open all packs of ribbon and layer them on top of each other with the largest on the bottom.
2. Take the ribbon (all three) and secure the beginning of the ribbon using your Zip-Strips to the metal frame. Allow some extra ribbon at the end.
3. Now that your ribbon is tied down, start making 3″ loops (with all three ribbons) and secure each loop to the metal frame with the twisty ties. Continue this process all the way around the metal frame.
4. Leave some extra ribbon at the end to create the wreath tails (match the length to the extra piece you created at the beginning).
5. Trim the Zip-Strips with your scissors.
You’ll be able to move these loops on the frame so this will allow you to spread out the loops evenly. Now it’s time to spread all three ribbons apart using your fingers and fluff the wreath to make it look just the way you want it.
These ribbon wreaths are so easy and fun to make, you can create one for every season.