Melanie shows you in this video how to make a slimline card and matching envelope. She uses the ‘Simply Spring’ paper collection by Doodlebug Designs Inc. and her favorite embellishments to decorate her card.
Supplies needed to make a slimline card & envelope
(Supplies may vary by store, however, special store-to-store orders can be placed with a one-week turnaround. Substitutions will be suggested if a product is no longer available.)
8½”x11″ cardstock paper for the card (we used plain for this part)
12″x12″ patterned paper (also known as DSP: Designer Series Paper)
12″x12″ cut-apart paper (we used the “Simply Spring” collection by Doodlebug Designs)
Favorite adhesive (glue or double-sided tape)
Embellishments (optional): Washi Tape, Dimensional Pop-Ups, Diamond Glaze, Stickles, Wink of Stella, etc.
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions. Click HERE.
1. Cut 8½”x11″ cardstock paper to 8½”x7½”.
2. On the shorter side (7½”) score at 3¾”. Fold and burnish your card.
3. Decorate with the cut-apart paper and desired embellishments.
1. Cut 12″x12″ patterned paper to measure 8½”x11″ (You can use the scrap for the front of your card if you want matching card and envelope).
2. On the short side (8½”), score at 2½” and 6½”. On the long side (11″) score 1″ from each side (1″ and 10″).
3. Burnish all the folds.
4. Cut off all 4 corners at a slight angle outward.
5. Your folds on the sides will be the same length, and you will have a taller and a shorter fold for the top and bottom (the choice is yours to decide what is the bottom and what is the top).
6. Fold up the bottom piece and glue to the shorter fold on the sides.
7. Use a corner rounder to round the top corners. Add an adhesive strip to the top edge or glue it shut before mailing.
8. Add any desired embellishments to the envelope and enjoy!