Here’s a fun Easter craft! Turn a simple Terra Cotta pot into a carrot. You can make this DIY Terra Cotta Carrot decoration in different sizes and fill them with candies, seed packets and other small gifts in time for Easter! Scroll down for the step-by-step instructions and the video tutorial.
Supplies needed to make a DIY Terra Cotta Carrot:
(Supplies may vary by store, however, special store-to-store orders can be placed with a one-week turnaround. Substitutions will be suggested if a product is no longer available.)
Small Terra Cotta Pot and Saucer (size of your choice)
Brown Tissue Paper
Hot Glue Gun / Glue Stick
Your choice of candy
Video tutorial on how to make a DIY Terra Cotta Carrot:
1. Cut a 3”x 6” strip from the green felt.
2. Along the 6” edge, cut ¼” strips (do not cut all the way. Leave about ½” space from the edge)
3. Roll the green felt to create the leafy part of the carrot. Secure with glue.
4. Flip the terra cotta saucer upside down and add hot glue to the center. Press the bottom of the green felt onto that glue to secure it in place.
5. Tie a jute bow around the base of the green felt. Then you have finished the lid!
Fill the carrot pot with brown tissue paper, then your favorite candies or any other small items. It makes a great alternative for an Easter basket!