6 yards of a base yarn
6 yards of a fun yarn
8 1/2 yards of same fun yarn
8 1/2 yards 1/8" coordinating ribbon
6" of round cord elastic
Crochet hook (size H or I)
Note: basic crochet knowledge is helpful
|Suggested fun yarns:
Eyelash, Shadow, Aura
Flash, Firenze, Fun Fur
1. With an over-hand knot, tie the two loose ends of elastic together. Cut off excess if necessary.
2. Take the two 6 yard pieces of yarn (base and fun) and tie onto the elastic leaving a 2-inch tail. This will be used in your finishing step.
3. Using the yarns together, chain 4 and loop onto the elastic. Be careful not to crochet the elastic, but only loop onto it. Continue crocheting 4 chains and looping onto the elastic until you have used all the yarn.
4. Tie the loose ends of yarns to the beginning 2-inch tail end. Trim off excess yarn.
1. Take the 8 1/2 yard pieces of yarn and the satin ribbon and tie onto the elastic leaving a 2-inch tail. This will be used as your finishing step.
2. Using the yarn and ribbon together, chain 5 and loop onto the elastic. Be careful not to crochet the elastic but only loop onto it. Stitches should be in between the first yarn loops.
3. Chain 5 and loop onto the elastic until you have reached the end of the yarn loops.
4. Tie both loose ends of yarn and ribbon to the beginning 2-inch tail end. Trim off excess yarn and ribbon.