If you like the boho trend, you’ll love this simple but very colorful yarn project! This DIY Boho Wall Yarn Art piece is made using an unfinished wood round, some paint, yarn and glue. Oh, you’ll need a tool to cut the wood round in half. Hopefully you have one at home, or maybe you can ask your neighbor to borrow one.
Supplies needed to make a DIY Boho Wall Yarn Art piece:
(Supplies may vary by store, however, special store-to-store orders can be placed with a one-week turnaround. Substitutions will be suggested if a product is no longer available.)
Chunky Yarn (we used 2 colors of Chunky Yarn)
Unfinished Wooden Rounds (we used 10” and 6” rounds)
Ceramcoat Paint (color: Dark Burnt Umber)
DecoArt Staining Antiquing Medium
Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
Bowl (to mix paint)
Sawtooth Hook / hammer
Tool to slice the wood rounds (not available in-store)
Video tutorial on how to make a DIY Boho Wall Yarn Art:
1. Slice the wood rounds in half.
2. Combine equal parts of Ceramcoat paint and the DecoArt Staining Antiquing Medium, then paint the sliced wood rounds. Let dry.
3. Brush on a layer of just the DecoArt Staining Antiquing Medium. Let that dry completely.
4. Cut the yarn to the desired length – we recommend using about 2” to glue and secure to the back of the sliced wood rounds. Cut enough strands of yarn to cover the width of the sliced wood round.
5. Glue the yarn to the back of the sliced wood round.
6. Use the hammer to add a small sawtooth hook to the back to hang on your wall. Voila!